Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I did it

So I went ahead and cut out my first lino today. It was as fun as I hoped it would be and pretty satisfied with the results except for the ink I had on hand. A good tip when cutting lino is to keep the lino warm. I used a heat tool from time to time to warm up the slab of lino and it made cutting go smoother. So what do you think, not bad?

                                                         First step, draw out  lightly on lino
                                                                

                                                              Cut around the edges
 

Carve out unwanted portions



all done



 
                                                                          
                                                                        

8 comments:

  1. very cute and well done for your first go at it! results fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it's so cute!!! love the chubby bubble bee.. heehee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! What a cute stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! We made (and by "we" I mean by wife) Christmas cards that way one time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lino block printing! Great job on your first shot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! Fantastic first cut! I can recommend a good ink to start out with from DickBlick.com. Their water soluble block printing ink is womnderful, especially if you are averse (like me) to using inks that need solvents to be cleaned up. I just use a piece of glass from a picture frame or old plate and brayer to spread it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody, I've been away for awhile so just seeing these lovely comments now. You all made my day! ^____^

    ReplyDelete